Monday, July 6, 2009

Designer Spotlight: K. Casey & Rifle Designing Sinatra


The dynamic duo of Kristin Casey and Rick Rifle, both familiar faces from their work with HGTV, TLC, and the Style Network, are thrilled to take on Old Blue Eyes himself.

What was your first rock concert? (If it’s embarrassing, you can plead the 5th)
Rifle: Billy Joel, the "Bridge" tour......it was also the first time I got drunk! To this day I can't stand white wine!
Casey: Van Halen, the 1986 tour. Because we Texas girls love to rock!

What was the first record or CD that you ever bought?
Casey: "Oh No It's Devo"...proudly purchased with money earned from babysitting.
Rifle: Either Cyndi Lauper's "She's so Unusual" or the cast recording of "Phantom of the Opera"......I know, you don't have to say anything........

What inspired you to get involved in this project?
Rifle: I came from theatre and opera design where music and libretto are a big factor in design inspiration. This was a great opportunity for me to go back to my roots in a singularly unique way.
Casey: Design in this town is too often about "flash," "new money," and "impression." This project presents a completely unique change. How often are you going to be asked choose a recording legend and draw inspiration from their work? I agree with my partner Rick; it's pure theater and totally exhilarating!

Why Frank Sinatra?
Rifle:If I wasn't a designer, I wanted to be a crooner. Since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, designing a loft inspired by Frank Sinatra is as close to crooning as I'm ever going to get! Seriously though, Sinatra style is how I want to live my life! It's classic and never goes out of style.
Casey: It was a "no-brainer." Sinatra style is elegant, swank, confident, and NEVER apologizes!


No comments:

Post a Comment